At Flower Child, the healthy fast-casual restaurant with several locations around the country, their colorful bowl meals, brimming with hearty grains and fresh vegetables, are justifiably popular. Now that we’ve partnered with Flower Child, it’s easy to make your own bowls at home, like this one made with quinoa, tofu and zucchini noodles tossed with their Thai-inspired cashew bowl starter.
Thai Cashew Bowl with Quinoa, Tofu and Zucchini Noodles
- 4 oz. (125 g) extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) quinoa, preferably rainbow quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups (3 oz./90 g) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) Flower Child Thai Cashew Bowl Starter, plus more for drizzling
- 1 zucchini, peeled and spiralized using the chipper blade
- Watercress for garnish (optional)
1. Drain the tofu and wrap it in paper towels. Place on a plate, then place another heavy plate on top of the wrapped tofu. Set aside for about 10 minutes to press out the excess liquid from the tofu.
2. Cook the quinoa according to the packaging instructions, then drain and let cool.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush with the oil. Add the tofu and cook, turning once, until the outside is slightly crisp and browned and the inside is warmed through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and season with salt. Cut into slices about 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick.
4. In a bowl, toss the quinoa and spinach with the Thai cashew bowl starter. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the tofu and zucchini noodles. Garnish with watercress, drizzle with more Thai cashew bowl starter as desired and serve. Serves 1.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen