“Everyone goes crazy for Peppermint Bark over the holidays,” says Tieghan Gerard, the voice behind the beloved food site Half Baked Harvest and the stunning new cookbook Super Simple. The only treat that competes this time of year? Cookies, of course!
Here, Tieghan has combined the best of both worlds—a classic chocolate crinkle cookie that harnesses the power of Williams Sonoma’s famous Peppermint Bark. In her recipe for Peppermint Brownie Crinkle Cookies, shards of the artisan crafted candy add pops of peppermint and a whimsical holiday touch to this freshly baked batch—no decoration needed.
Peppermint Brownie Crinkle Cookies
cook time: 10 minutes
prep time: 15 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
yield: 24 cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups roughly chopped Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, bittersweet chocolate, and chocolate chips. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until fully melted and combined—the chocolate will be thick. Remove the pan from the heat and let the chocolate cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together on high until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and the melted chocolate mixture and beat for 2 minutes more, until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and kosher salt and beat until fully combined and smooth. The batter should be thick but pourable. Stir in the peppermint bark. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
4. Scoop out rounders tablespoons of dough and place them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until just set on the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes on the baking sheet before serving. Eat warm (highly recommended) or let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.