We first reported on the buddha bowl trend on the eve of 2017. Lucky for us, good food never goes out of style. This bowl starts with a swish of hummus and a tumble of red quinoa, creating a solid base upon which any collection of ingredients can be added. In this case, it’s myriad colorful veggies, nuts and herbs—all of which are available year round. Buddha bowls offer the perfect canvas for culinary creatives and fridge foragers. If you can, select ingredients that complement one another with regards to flavor and color, then use your knife skills to cut them into interesting shapes and textures for a dish worthy of mindful appreciation.
Vegetable Buddha Bowl
- 1/3 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade
- 2/3 cup cooked red quinoa
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 3 small radishes, quartered
- ¼ cup corn kernels (cut from about ½ ear)
- ¼ carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small jalapeño pepper, seeded, deribbed, and cut into small dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts
- 6 basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Olive oil for drizzling
- ¼ lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Sliced bread for serving, optional
Spoon the hummus along one side of a shallow serving bowl. Add the quinoa to the bowl center. Fan the avocado slices and arrange alongside the quinoa. Add the radishes, corn, carrot, tomatoes and jalapeño, nuts and basil to the bowl, arranging each item decoratively. Drizzle olive oil over the bowl, then squeeze the lemon over the top. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with bread alongside, if desired. Makes 1 serving.
This recipe is really amazing. Thanks for the information. Keep sharing this type of recipe.
didnt feel like cooking, made this salad for dinner….was so good.
Thank you so much for the delicious breakfast and the way you have shown in the article with pictures and videos must be appreciated. I will definitely prepare this dish for IPL this season.
That vegetable Buddha bowl is really looking like the bowl of perfection.. Quick and easy to make. take the time to put this Buddha
bowl together you wont regret it.