Why buy almond butter at the store when you can enjoy the freshest almond butter you’ve ever had by making it yourself in a Vitamix blender? It’s incredibly easy and requires only two ingredients: toasted almonds and salt. If your almonds are raw, toast them in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes, then let them cool completely before proceeding with the recipe.
Homemade Almond Butter
- 3 cups (1 lb./500 g) toasted unsalted almonds
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more as needed
1. Preheat an oven to 250°F (120°C).
2. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until just warm but not hot, about 10 minutes. Transfer the almonds immediately to a Vitamix blender. Blend on low speed for 10 minutes, scraping down the sides of the canister as needed, until a creamy butter forms. Add the salt and blend to incorporate. Taste and add more salt if desired.
3. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen