Welcome to the start of a new week. For your perusal, here’s a thoughtfully-curated selection of stories that we’ve loved reading over the past several days.
- From Basque-style tapas in San Francisco to funky Laotian in Washington, DC, here are Bon Appétit’s picks for America’s top 50 restaurants of 2015. [Bon Appétit]
- From dondurma in Turkey to I Tim Pad in Thailand, here’s an illustrated guide to ice cream styles around the world. [Serious Eats]
- A seasoned food stylist reveals the hardest foods to photograph, the best styling tools, and why you should never eat the food after a shoot. [My Domaine]
- ‘Nduja, Calabria’s spicy spreadable salame, is gaining traction in the United States. Learn more about it, and how a dab of it can transform everything from pizza to shellfish. [Wall Street Journal]
- Is your morning coffee still safe to drink in the afternoon? You might be surprised to find out the answer. [Food52]