Another week, another Zoom. Does this one require a shower? Will the boss care that I’m taking this call from bed? How closely can I crop my head and not look creepy?
All these questions surface when you’re working from home, plus the inevitable, indubitable, “But my home is a shambles!”
You are not alone on that one. So make your go-to gray t-shirt look like the epitome of cabana style with our customized Zoom rooms, courtesy of our latest Williams Sonoma Home catalog:
We’re going to assume that your colleagues are too clever (ahem) to think that you’ve magically acquired a chandelier and floor-to-ceiling windows since the last time they saw you. But, if you can’t have a margarita during a meeting, doesn’t this sort of backdrop make you feel like you could, and that no one would care?
Want to play? Here’s what you do on Zoom:
- Scroll through the images below and save your faves to your computer desktop.
- Now head to Zoom and log in. (For a how-to video on background changing, go here or here. )
- In the upper-right corner; click the settings gear icon.
- Head on over to “video” in the left column to make sure your lighting is correct, and neither too bright nor too dark.
- Then click “virtual background” from the left-hand-side bar.
- Click the plus-sign icon to upload your favorite home look. (Get stuck? Review the video.)
In love? Start shopping! Want to brag? Find us on social media. Stay safe out there, thanks for your #WFH efforts to #flattenthecurve, and feel free to pick a different background for every meeting. (Your house is just that spacious, right?)
Herewith, our favorite looks, plus what to tell your colleagues:
“The French doors? Aren’t you darling! They go to the pool!”
“I am definitely only drinking a sparkling water with lime.”
“Sorry, are those floor-to-ceiling windows reflecting too much sunlight for everyone?
“Wish you all were here to share this cozy sectional with me.”
“Why, thank you, I designed it all myself.”