both cities for everything from grabbing a sweet snack to ordering takeout to enjoying a memorable dinner.
1. Fiola Mare, Georgetown – We love the ambience and waterfront view from the patio of this celebrated seafood restaurant – the perfect place for a special dinner out with family and friends. Everything on the menu is divine but our favorite indulgence here is the lobster ravioli with ginger and chives.
2. Dog Tag Bakery, Georgetown – This charming non-profit bakery with a social mission is the perfect spot for a quiet lunch in Georgetown. The bakery is operated by wounded Veterans and offers a delightful menu of pastries, soups, and sandwiches. Our favorite item on the menu? Their signature giant brownies – the perfect size to share with a friend.
3. Pescadeli, Bethesda –Pescadeli is the go-to fish market and deli for Bethesda locals. If you love grilling at home, come here for the best selection of fresh fish in the DC area.
4. Kadhai, Bethesda – In our opinion, the best Indian restaurant in the DC area is this little gem in Bethesda. In our family, every week we all look forward to “take-out Friday” and the team at Kadhai know our order every time we call: Chicken Tikka Masala, Aloo Gobi, Chicken Makhani, Vegetable Korma, and, of course, Garlic Naan.
5. Bethesda Bagels, Bethesda – Located across the street from Williams-Sonoma and Georgetown Cupcake at Bethesda Row, Bethesda Bagels has been in the neighborhood for over three decades and is the place to be on weekend mornings in Bethesda. The lines are often out the door for the fresh baked bagels at this tiny no-frills shop, but the wait is worth it. Stop by on weekend mornings for an assortment of fresh bagels, cream cheeses, and lox to bring home for a perfect brunch.
Come check us out starting today at the new Williams-Sonoma Bethesda!