Happy National Pound Cake Day! Whether you make it from scratch or using a tried-and-tested mix, a slice of the sweet, buttery cake is the ultimate blank slate for any topping. Deck it out with crowd-pleasing combinations for an easy dessert. Here, shown from the top, left to right, are nine of our very favorites. What are yours?
1. Strawberries and crème fraîche: Let the strawberries macerate in sugar to release their fragrant juices.
2. Melted white chocolate: Learn the best technique for melting it here.
3. Sliced bananas and honey: Warm honey slightly to make it easier to drizzle.
4. Fudge sauce and chocolate shavings: Try our easy recipe for hot fudge sauce.
5. Blueberries and whipped cream: Whip cream with a spoonful or two of sugar; sweeten to taste.
6. Lemon curd: Other citrus curds work, too—see our recipes for lemon, tangerine and lime.
7. Raspberries and Greek yogurt: Yogurt’s pleasant tang contrasts wonderfully with the sweet cake.
8. Vanilla ice cream and sliced almonds: This is as simple—and satisfying—as desserts come.
9. Shaved dark chocolate: See our tip for creating beautiful curls.
[…] and pretty 2 // this cascading chain necklace is really my style lately. perfect. 3 // I’ve never been a huge fan of pound cake, but these refreshing takes on it might change […]
[…] (188.8.131.52.5.6.7) […]
These look amazing! Pound cake is so good!
[…] Fresh Takes on Pound Cake (williams-sonoma.com) […]