This easy, nutrient-rich side comes together quickly thanks to canned beans, a great pantry staple for weeknight dinners. You can also serve this dish as a flavorful topping on slices of toasted bread. Broccolini or baby bok choy is a good substitute for the broccoli rabe.
Lemony White Beans with Broccoli Rabe
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small bunch broccoli rabe, tough stems removed
- 4 Tbs. (2 fl. oz./60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 oz./470 g) white beans, rinsed and drained
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and cook just until the stems are fork-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well and let cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces and set aside.
2. In a fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tbs. of the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté just until soft, about 30 seconds. Stir in the beans and broccoli rabe and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring a few times, until the beans and broccoli rabe are warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and the remaining 2 Tbs. olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.
For more fresh ideas about how to prepare chicken, whether for a
quick family meal or an impressive weekend spread, check out our
Chicken Night: Dinner Solutions for Every Day of the Week.
[…] Lemony White Beans with Broccoli Rabe from Williams Sonoma […]
With havin so much content and articles do you ever
run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My site has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it
appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement.
Do you know any methods to help protect against content from
being stolen? I’d really appreciate it.
Its not my first time to visit this site,
i am browsing this web site dailly and get pleasant information from
here all the time.
Awesome! Its actually remarkable paragraph, I have got much clear idea regarding from this post.
[…] GET RECIPE: White Beans with Broccoli Rabe Recipe | Williams Sonoma Taste […]
I don’t know if it’s just me or if everyone else experiencing issues with your blog.
It appears as if some of the text within your posts are
running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me
know if this is happening to them too? This may be a
problem with my browser because I’ve had this happen before.
If you desire to obtain a good deal from this article then you
have to apply such techniques to your won website.
You really makke it seem so easy along with
your presentation buut I in finding this matter to be actually
onne hing that I believe I might never understand.
It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.I am taking a look ahead for your ndxt put up, I will tryy
to get tthe cling of it!
I pay ɑ quick viѕit daily some sites and websites t᧐ reaԁ articleѕ, but this website presents quality based posts.
It is tastes actually good! Post, Theodore, and Burton Rose.
It is actually a great and useful piece of info.
I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this.
Thank you for sharing.