Made with Greek yogurt and roasted strawberries, these frozen treats are sophisticated enough for grown-ups and lots of fun for the kids, too. Roasting the strawberries makes them more tender and intensifies their flavor. These sweet treats would be a big hit at an Easter brunch or other kid-friendly springtime gatherings.
Roasted Strawberry Pops
- Unsalted butter for greasing
- 1 lb. (500 g) strawberries, cored and sliced 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick
- 2 tsp. demerara sugar
- 2 cups (16 oz./500 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. honey, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) milk
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then lightly butter the parchment.
2. Place the strawberries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Roast until tender and slightly collapsed, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
3. In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, honey and milk, adding more honey as needed to reach the desired sweetness. Gently fold in the roasted strawberries. Divide the mixture among 6 ice pop molds and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours. Turn out from the molds and serve. Serves 6.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen