Sweet and spicy, this sriracha-glazed salmon is a crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for an easy dinner party since it comes together in minutes. You can even make the glaze up to 2 days ahead of time; just store in the refrigerator and brush it onto the salmon just before broiling. Adjust the amount of sriracha depending on how spicy you like your food.
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha-Glazed Salmon
- 1/3 cup (3 fl. oz./80 ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. sriracha, or to taste
- 1-inch (2.5-cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 salmon fillets, each about 6 oz. (185 g)
- Thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Preheat a broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a blender, combine the soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, sriracha, ginger, garlic and lime juice. Blend until the mixture is pureed, about 30 seconds.
3. Pour the soy sauce mixture into a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by half and forms a glaze, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet and pour the glaze over the fish. Broil until the salmon is just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with the green onion and cilantro and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Find this and more than 30 recipes for using your Vitamix® Professional Series™ Power Blender to prepare any meal of the day in The Perfect Blending Cookbook by the cooks of Williams Sonoma’s Test Kitchen.