Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Here’s how to make sure you get juicy, perfectly-cooked baked chicken breasts every time. [Tasting Table]
- The Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino may have come and gone, but now there’s the Dragon Frappuccino, which can actually be made without limited-edition ingredients. [PopSugar]
- What do “five-star Michelin” and “Kobe flown in” have in common? No, they’re not lines in the hottest restaurant review—they’re lyrics in Katy Perry’s latest song, “Bon Appétit.” [Grub Street]
- Thanks to a newly-bred variety of avocado, California could soon be on its way to having a crop of avocados year-round. [The Salt]
- The Hershey Company has just introduced half a dozen candy bars inspired by six different states, from Georgia to Hawaii. [Food & Wine]