Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Five mistakes we all fall prey to when cooking salmon at home. [Tasting Table]
- Speaking of salmon, due to drought and a highly restricted season, the commercial king salmon season is the worst it’s ever been, with fish going for more than $30 per pound in Northern California. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- Ina Garten: cilantro’s biggest fan or biggest foe? The answer might surprise you. [PureWow]
- Watch the trailer for Wasted!, Anthony Bourdain’s new documentary about the problem of food waste. [The Kitchn]
- The latest M&M’s flavor comes out just in time for Halloween. [USA Today]
- After a regulatory controversy, “blue wine”—the neon-blue, sweet white wine that hails from Spanish company Gik—is finally arriving stateside. [Eater]
- If you’re willing to shell out the big bucks, you could relive the royal wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton are auctioning off a slice of cake from their 2011 nuptials. [Forbes]