Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- What do seafood towers, buddha bowls, and wellness tonics have in common? They’ve each been projected to be the big food trend for 2017. Check out this exhaustive list of all the food trends that brands, media and industry associations have predicted will explode next year. [Eater]
- If you’ve ever been to a college party or a tailgate, then it’s time to pay homage to Robert Hulseman, inventor of the Red Solo Cup, who died this week. He was 84. [People]
- Designing a food emoji, it turns out, involves more work than one might think. [The Salt]
- From effortless dinner parties to more strategic shopping, the staff of Bon Appétit share their food resolutions for ’17. [Bon Appétit]
- Adelaide, Australia. Speyside, Scotland. Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Here’s a list of places that will change your world (and your palate) in the coming 12 months ahead. [Afar]