Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- When you want feathery, airy, flaky layers but don’t have the time to make traditional puff pastry? Then try this rough puff pastry dough instead. [The New York Times]
- In a move that seems to make a lot of sense, LocoL, Roy Choi and Daniel Patterson’s socially-conscious fast-food chain, will be taking to the streets with a new food truck. [Eater LA]
- Headed to Brazil this month? Here’s a complete guide to the best places to eat and drink in Rio de Janeiro. [Food Republic]
- Chipotle is officially getting into the burger game. Its first hamburger concept, Tasty Made, will open in Ohio this fall. [Tasting Table]
- A grape is a grape is a grape, right? Not so fast. Check out all the different grape varieties that have entered the market as of late, including Witch Finger and Cotton Candy. [Bon Appétit]
- Would you pay to eat food waste in a dumpster? From Brooklyn to Berkeley, it turns out a lot of pop-up diners already are. [NPR]