Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Here’s what you should do to breathe new life into sad corn. [Bon Appétit]
- Oprah Winfrey’s writing her first cookbook, Food, Health and Happiness: ‘On Point’ Recipes for Great Meals and a Better Life, and it’s slated to be published in early 2017. [Associated Press]
- Here’s a fun, on-trend dinner party idea: Instead of hosting a make-your-own hot dog bar or a do-it-yourself taco bar, try throwing a mix-your-own poke party instead. [Serious Eats]
- Philadelphia has become the first major American city to pass a soda tax. [ABC News]
- Stop topping all of your food with a fried egg and make this runny egg yolk sauce (which keeps for up to seven days!) instead. [Cook’s Science]
- At this year’s World Wide Developers Conference, Apple announced it will be rolling out new payment options, and soon iPhone users will be able to split dinner checks using iMessage. [Eater]