Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- It doesn’t matter if you prefer to grill with charcoal or grill with gas; here’s an exhaustive guide to grilling with either. [Serious Eats]
- Now that Britain has voted to leave the European Union, what will Brexit mean for food in the United Kingdom? [Eater]
- Bon Appétit’s published hundreds—maybe thousands—of pasta recipes over the last two decades. Here is the staff’s top 20 favorite pastas of all time. [Bon Appétit]
- A credible new health study reports that Americans are finally getting healthier, consuming twice as many whole grains and more whole fruits than they were around the turn of the century. [New York Magazine]
- Here’s a fun trick for keeping your picnic food cold all day. [BuzzFeed Nifty]
- Believe it or not, some poultry is still pink, even when it’s overcooked. Here, one scientist explains what can cause cooked poultry to turn pink. [Epicurious]