Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Do you live for the ‘gram? One outlet asked social media experts to weigh in on the best smartphone apps for editing food photos. [Tasting Table]
- Meet the Croffle—a croissant-waffle hybrid—and learn how to make it in minutes at home. [Food & Wine]
- Does eating carrots really help your vision? Experts weigh in. [New Hampshire Public Radio]
- Chicago is home to one of the hottest food scenes in America right now. Next time you’re in the Windy City, here’s where to go. [Bon Appétit]
- Is coconut oil really as good for you as people are claiming it is? Writer Sarah Jampel gives us a rundown of both the oil’s purported benefits as well as research-based facts. [Food52]