Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- This is the worst Thanksgiving dessert faux pas you can make. [Bon Appétit]
- If you skip prime rib this holiday and serve a chuck roast instead, you can put all the money you saved towards a great bottle to go with it. [Food Republic]
- You’ve seen latte art—but have you ever seen 3-D latte art? [Eater]
- Now you can get that ranch dressing lover in your life something truly special: a five-liter keg full of Hidden Valley Ranch. [Grub Street]
- Veal, the 1980s poster child for animal cruelty, is actually more humane and environmentally sustainable than you might think. [Tasting Table]
- Bread sauce is to turkey in Britain what gravy is to turkey in the United States. [Kitchn]
- Barnes & Noble is expanding its full-service restaurant concept, Barnes & Noble Kitchen. [Nation’s Restaurant News]