Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Here’s how to revive any jar of dry, crumbly nut butter. [Epicurious]
- Turns out those pasta-print dresses were just the beginning! Iconoclastic Italian fashion house Dolce & Gabbana has now entered the pasta business. [Bloomberg]
- Use balsamic vinegar to add next-level intrigue to your next butterscotch dessert. [Food52]
- This cat claw is a must-have in your kitchen. It’s not as gross as it sounds, we promise! [Saveur]
- St. Louis-based Panera Bread, which has been credited with launching the fast-casual restaurant sector, has just acquired Boston-based bakery chain Au Bon Pain. [Eater]
- Solve this Chick-fil-A whodunit and you could win free chicken for a year. [SF Gate]
- Ree Drummond may be known for her approachable blog, TV show and cookbooks, but The Pioneer Woman also happens to be the 23rd-largest landowner in the United States. [Grub Street]