Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- From fish sauce to tomato paste, here are five unconventional ingredients sure to give your turkey gravy the punch it needs. [Tasting Table]
- Just in time for the holiday, The Times offers a glimpse into 15 different Thanksgivings across the country. See what’s on the Hmong-, Somali-, and German-American Thanksgiving table. [New York Times]
- What will the new administration mean for U.S. food policy? [Eater]
- Is football a big Thanksgiving tradition in your home? If so, serve this buffalo wing popcorn during the big game. [Bon Appétit]
- Forget SantaCon: Today, Guy Fieri’s biggest fans will gather together and celebrate in his honor with the very first FieriCon in New York City. [FieriCon]