Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Here’s the answer to how long mayonnaise can really be left out of the fridge. [Extra Crispy]
- Call it the Instagram effect: Culinary schools have begun offering electives on food styling and photography. [Tasting Table]
- Culinary hero of the week: José Andrés, who has been on the ground in Puerto Rico serving hurricane victims more than 130,000 meals. [TODAY]
- And the title of world’s best bar goes to this spot in London. [World’s 50 Best]
- Just in time for football season, Whole Foods has a new buffalo-flavored rotisserie chicken option. [PopSugar]
- A history lesson on one of the Tex-Mex wonders of the world, chile con queso. [Food Republic]
- The backstory behind Japan’s fine fruit obsession. [Roads and Kingdoms]