Welcome to the (extra long) weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Follow this guide to enjoy pancakes and waffles all week long (harried Mondays included!). [The Kitchn]
- Yes, you can cook pasta ahead and serve it as a showstopping dish to guests later. Here’s how. [Tasting Table]
- Follow this basic technique to make a killer homemade minestrone. [Serious Eats]
- Walmart is rolling out a brand-new restaurant inside its stores that’s modeled after the treats served at the Texas State Fair. [Grub Street]
- McDonald’s is opening a new café in Paris that serves soups, sandwiches, muffins and macarons—but no Big Macs. [First We Feast]