Merry Christmas! While you’re putting the finishing touches on Christmas dinner, make spirits bright by serving this pretty drink shared by Yael Vengroff, beverage director at Los Angeles’ The Spare Room. Becherovka is a Czech herbal liqueur that, according to Vengroff, “tastes like cinnamon, clove and everything festive,” which makes it a natural choice for a holiday cocktail. Vengroff says, “This drink is also delicious served as a punch. If making it as a punch, litter the bowl with garnishes, like apple slices, cinnamon sticks and cranberries.”
- 1 1/2 oz. (45 ml) Becherovka
- 1 1/2 oz. (45 ml) black currant juice, preferably unsweetened
- 2 oz. (60 ml) ginger beer
- 3 green apple slices for garnish
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
1. Pour the Becherovka and black currant juice into a highball glass. Fill the glass with ice and add the ginger beer. Stir gently to combine. To garnish, fan out the apple slices and pierce them with a cinnamon stick. Drop into the glass and serve. Makes 1 drink.
Yael Vengroff, beverage director, The Spare Room, Los Angeles, CA