With a turn of the handle, a spiralizer transforms ordinary vegetables into something extraordinary. Here, spiralized cucumber and carrots are tossed with an Asian-inspired vinaigrette, then topped with fresh herbs and crushed peanuts to create a refreshing salad that’s perfect for accompanying warm-weather meals.
Spiralized Salad with Asian Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 cucumber, ends trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. fish sauce
- 2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1 1/4 oz./40 g) roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbs. fresh mint leaves
- 1 small red chile, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Using a spiralizer fitted with the coarse shredder blade, spiralize the cucumber and carrots, using scissors to cut the strands every 3 to 4 rotations. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vinaigrette to the cucumber and carrots and toss to coat lightly.
3. Transfer the salad to a serving platter. Top with the peanuts, cilantro, mint and chile and serve immediately. Serves 2 to 4.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen