Peppery arugula, flavorful mint, salty pancetta and pungent Gorgonzola all add tons of flavor to this spring salad, which is why a simple dressing of Champagne vinegar and olive oil is best. This is the perfect salad to make when your garden is overflowing with fresh mint.
Arugula Salad with Pancetta and Mint
- 1/4 lb. (125 g) pancetta, diced
- 4 cups (8 oz./250 g) arugula
- 1 cup (1 oz./30 g) fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbs. Champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 lb. (125 g) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) toasted pine nuts
1. In a fry pan over medium-high heat, cook the pancetta, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover the pan to keep warm.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula and mint leaves. Drizzle the greens first with the Champagne vinegar and then with the olive oil; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and transfer to a serving platter.
3. To serve, top the salad with the Gorgonzola, pine nuts and warm pancetta. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen