Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Here’s the real answer to why American refrigerate their eggs, and why their counterparts in Europe do not. [New York Times]
- Netflix has just dropped an all-new season of Chef’s Table, and it features the likes of California’s Nancy Silverton and New York’s Ivan Orkin. [Jezebel]
- Pastry chef Dominique Ansel, best known as the creator of the Cronut, has plans to open a new project in Los Angeles. [Grub Street]
- Here’s how to make 2017 your best wine year ever. [Los Angeles Times]
- Brace yourself: limited-edition Peeps Oreos have arrived. [PopSugar]
- Why make spinach-artichoke dip in a bread bowl when you can enjoy a spinach-artichoke sandwich at home instead? [Tasting Table]