Ruby grapefruit is an unexpected ingredient in this perky pink smoothie, but we like its sweet-tart flavor and the tiny hint of bitterness it adds to the sweet raspberries and strawberries. (You can use frozen raspberries or strawberries if you like.) Be sure you remove the white pith along with the grapefruit peel because too much pith will result in an overly bitter drink.
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) raspberries
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) ice
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar
1. In a blender, combine the grapefruit, raspberries, strawberries, banana, ice and agave nectar in the order listed. Blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into glasses and serve. Serves 2.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen