Hummus is such a versatile, satisfying dip, the perfect accompaniment with everything from crudite to pita. Three-time James Beard Award-winning chef and restaurateur, Michael Solomonov, has mastered his technique on making the classic condiment, sharing his five-minute recipe with us. Here’s how to make it.
5-MINUTE HUMMUS WITH QUICK TEHINA SAUCE
Makes about 4 cups (4 servings)
QUICK TEHINA SAUCE
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 lemon
1 (16-ounce) jar tehina
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 to 1½ cups ice water
2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- MAKE THE TEHINA SAUCE: Nick off a piece of the garlic (about a quarter of the clove) and drop it into a food processor.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the food processor. Pour the tehina on top, making sure to scrape it all out of the container, and add the salt and cumin.
- Process until the mixture looks peanut-buttery, about 1 minute.
- Stream in the ice water, a little at a time, with the motor running. Process just until the mixture is smooth and creamy and lightens to the color of dry sand. Now you have Quick Tehina Sauce!
- MAKE THE HUMMUS: Add the chickpeas to the tehina sauce and process for about 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as you go, until the chickpeas are completely blended and the hummus is smooth and uniform in color.
- Forget the over-garlicked hummus—ours is perfumed by just a “nick” of one clove.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice right into the food processor with a handy citrus juicer.
- Pour a whole 16-ounce container of tehina right into the food processor, scraping out the jar well.
- Add cumin and salt to the mixture.
- Process until it looks peanut-buttery, then, still mixing, add ice water a bit at a time.
- Now you have Quick Tehina Sauce, which can be used in so many ways.
- It’s the chickpeas that make it hummus, and we happily use good canned chickpeas, super well-blended into the
- tehina sauce.
[…] Hummus is such a versatile, satisfying dip, the perfect accompaniment with everything from crudite to pita. Three-time James Beard Award-winning chef and restaurateur, Michael Solomonov, … read more The post How to Make Chef Michael Solomonov’s Fool-Proof 5-Minute Hummus appeared first on Williams-Sonoma Taste .source… […]
Thank you so much
Aw, this was a really good post. Taking the time and actual effort too create a good article?
butt what can I say? I put things off a whole lot and never seem to get nearly
I’d constyantly want too be update on new posrs on this internrt site, saved to favorites!
Regards for thius post, I am a big fan of this website would like to
go along updated.