Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- It’s time to ditch your vinegar routine for a new one that features sherry vinegar, which is not as sweet as balsamic vinegar and more complex in flavor than white wine vinegar. [Bon Appetit]
- Finally! “Froyo” and “sriracha” are now defined words in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. [SFGate]
- Are you (or is a friend) expecting a baby soon? Here’s what to make and freeze now so you’ll thank yourself later. [New York Times]
- Call it the Aziz Ansari effect: Just like Sex and the City, if Master of None features a restaurant, 30-somethings instantly come following. [Eater]
- TGI Fridays is introducing food and alcohol delivery in Texas in November. The company is considering delivering bartenders to homes as well. [Nation’s Restaurant News]
- Ayesha Curry—chef, TV host, and wife to basketball legend Steph Curry—will co-host The Great American Baking Show, a US spinoff of The Great British Bake-Off. Also: She’s also the latest face of CoverGirl. [San Francisco Chronicle, Instagram]