Everything is cooked in one pan in this easy summertime dish, making it a terrific option for entertaining. The nectarines are baked to become a fragrant chutney and the fish is roasted on top.
Roasted Halibut Steaks with Nectarine Chutney
- 5 ripe nectarines, halved, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 Tbs. minced red onion
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 4 halibut fillets, each about 5 oz. (155 g)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh tarragon leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a baking dish, combine the nectarines, olive oil, onion, lemon juice, brown sugar and ginger. Stir to coat, then spread evenly in the dish.
3. Brush the fillets with olive oil, then season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the fillets on top of the nectarine mixture and roast until the fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily with a fork and the fruit is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. To serve, use a spatula to transfer a fillet to each of 4 warmed individual plates, top each with a spoonful of chutney and sprinkle with tarragon leaves. Serve, passing the remaining chutney at the table. Serves 4.
Couples will find recipes and ideas to make every gathering memorable in our brand-new Newlywed Entertaining Cookbook.